- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Access to your information and correction
- Other websites
- How to contact us
What information do we collect about you?
In general you can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. If, however, you use our site we collect information about you when you register with us or place an order for products or services.
We also collect information for assessment and analysis, e.g. marketing, customer and product analysis, to enable us to review, develop and improve our services.
The type of data we may collect could include
- Identity Data such as first name, last name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data such as billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial Data such as bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data such as details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data such as your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences and feedback
- Usage Data such as information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
NOTE: If we collect third party names and addresses, in order to send products on your behalf, as a controller, we will hold this information but will not use it for any purposes.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account and, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. We use your information, collected from the website, to personalise your repeat visits to our website.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes for the benefit of companies outside Knoops Limited. In processing your order, we may send your details to, and also use information from, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
Emails and Marketing
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours, which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right, at any time, to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
We use Klaviyo as our email platform. You have the option to opt in on the website - via a pop out, footer submission form or at checkout - to receive marketing updates via email.
Please note that we also use targeted adverts on Facebook and Instagram and may do so on other similar platforms. These provide adverts based on interest targeting, and also remarketing which is based on users' previous activity on our website, for example, if you have visited a webpage or if you have subscribed to our email platform.
Reviews and Surveys
We request product reviews from all our customers via email, and also send surveys to customers opted in to marketing emails. This is done via reviews.io for reviews and Typeform for surveys although we may use other providers.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some, or all of your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate and you can withdraw your consent to us holding information about you, at any time, by unsubscribing to our mail.
The General Data Protection Regulation states that the personal data we hold on customers ‘must not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed’. We will hold your information for as long as the individual is deemed a customer i.e. unless they unsubscribe – (see Access to information and correction paragraph)
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact us
- By email – email@example.com
- Or write to us at:
Knoops – Tower Forge, Hilders Cliff, Rye TN31 7LD
Note: If you wish to complain, or have a concern about the way we handle your personal information, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office – ico.org.uk