Which delivery options are available?
- Standard Delivery – For orders before midnight, this is free of charge over £35 and is delivered in 3-5 working days. For orders under £35, the price is £3.95.
- Next Weekday delivery – for orders placed before 12pm, next day working delivery is available for a price of £5.95. Please note this is for weekdays only and not available for weekend Delivery.
What delivery service do you use?
We use Royal Mail and your orders should be received within 3-5 working days.
We use Parcelforce for Next Day Delivery.
You may be aware that Royal Mail have been experiencing some delays, due to volumes and staffing issues relating to COVID. As a result some deliveries are taking longer than the advertised 3-5 working days. Thank you for your patience.
Returning your product because you changed your mind
Returning a faulty item
If your product develops a fault within 14 days of purchase, please return with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it.
After 14 days, we’ll repair or replace the product in accordance with the terms of the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
Which products can't be returned?
The following products won’t be eligible for exchange or refund (unless faulty as described):
- Products you received over 14 days ago
- Products that have been opened or unsealed (other than where necessary to inspect)
- Products without original packaging or labels
- Products or packaging in poor condition
- Products that contain your personal data or have been manufacturer-registered
- Gift Cards
- Perishable goods (eg. Chocolate flakes) which have an expiry date
Please note that if you return products which are outside our T&Cs or if you don’t have proof of purchase, we’re unable to process a refund, so please keep your receipt or order confirmation.
Items purchased outside of this period may be covered under the manufacture warranty, in which case please contact the manufacturer directly who will be able to help you with your enquiry.
Do you sell gift vouchers?
We have three gift voucher options, depending if you would like the recipient to be able to spend it online, OR in one of our stores (in Kensington, Clapham Junction or Rye.)
1. You can buy a gift voucher to redeem in our online shop here, that can be sent via email.
2. You can now buy an in-store gift card in one of our shops - it is only redeemable in store.
3. Alternatively, if you can't get to a store, you can still give credit to someone to spend in our shop, by downloading our App (you can find it here for Apple, and here for Android). Once the app is installed, in the menu on the top left there is an option “Gift Cards” and through here you can very easily gift some credit to someone. They will receive an email with instructions as to how to redeem it and they will be able to use it to buy drinks in our stores in Kensington, Clapham Junction and Rye.
Is your chocolate sustainably sourced?
Our founder, Jens Knoop, carefully selects the chocolates that feature in our chocolate library. Our current range includes 22 chocolates from around the world, from a white 28% up to a 100% cocoa. We offer a range of blends - which are now traceable, so we know which cooperatives contributed to each cup - alongside a number of single origins from a range of cocoa-growing regions, from Peru and Colombia, to Tanzania and Madagascar. In October 2019, Jens visited the Alto El Sol plantation in Peru, meeting growers who supply the cocoa in our 65% Single Origin.
We work with a handful of chocolate makers, small and large, who are genuinely committed to improving the sustainability of their cocoa, in an industry which has experienced many challenges in recent decades. Programmes such as Cocoa Horizons and Cacao Trace demonstrate the industry’s ambition for achieving long-term sustainability of cocoa, with a focus on environmental issues, productivity, farmer poverty, and social and community development. One of our suppliers is the oldest B-Corps certified company in the world.
Do you deliver internationally?
How should I store my Knoops hot chocolate?
Which of your chocolates are suitable for vegans?
What is Knoopology?
Knoopology is about making the perfect drinking drink for you. And this can be done in our cafés or at home, with one of our hot chocolate makers and a range of chocolates that can be ordered online.
- First step: you choose a hot chocolate, cold chocolate (chocolate milk or milk shake) or a mocha.
- Second: what percentage do you prefer? We have a range of 22 different strengths for the hot chocolates, from a white 28% up to a 100% cocoa, and 6 for the cold chocolates. Our hot chocolate range includes white, ruby, milk and dark chocolates, with 13 vegan friendly options.
- Fourth: we have a whole variety of dairy milks as well as plant based milks on offer.
What happens if my order arrives damaged?
In the event that your order arrives damaged, please don't worry, we guarantee we'll put it right for you. Just contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
If you're not 100% happy with your order then we will immediately sort it out for you. Please contact us on email@example.com or click here.
Can I add a gift message to my order?
Yes you can. If you add an item to your cart and click onto the cart, there will be a box on the right hand side which says "Yes, I'd like to add a gift message to my order". Tick this and write your message in the box below and press "add gift message".
This gift message will be added to the despatch note for the order and the prices will not be shown.
How big is the gift box?
How big is the gift bag?
How can I keep in touch with all things Knoops?
Please join our mailing list here, scroll to the bottom of the page and type in your email address into the newsletter box.
How does your app work and what can I use it for?
You can download our app by clicking here, and going to the footer. Depending on whether you are Apple or Android there is a link for each:
You can earn points on every purchase with our loyalty programme, which earns you rewards. Just simply use the barcode on the app when you are paying in store to earn your points. Earn 1 point for every £1.00 you spend.
You can add an extra, a fruit, root, spice or herb, for free when using the app. You get a free coffee if you earn 20 points and a free hot chocolate with 50 points.
How do I make a hot chocolate with a Knoopifier?
At the touch of a button!
Always make sure the Knoopifier is correctly assembled – the choc system is in place, with the milk basket fully clicked into position and the milk disk spinning freely. Then, most importantly make sure you feel the magnetic pull when you put the choc system into the jug before you add anything into it.
Once the Knoopifier is ready always follow these steps:
- Add your choice of milk (we recommend 175ml for one cup).
- Add the Knoopifier chocolate buttons (we recommend 34g – approx 5 teaspoons).
- Put on the lid – making sure the spindle is in the hole in the lid so that the choc system can spin.
- Press the button 4 times (to the hot choc symbol).
Then in 2 minutes you will be enjoying your Knoops hot chocolate at home. After the hot chocolate is made you could add a touch of Knoopology – go to our Youtube channel or our Instagram feed for more recipes.
Can I make cold chocolate drinks with the Knoopifier?
Yes of course. You can make a cold chocolate milk by making a hot chocolate as normal, letting it cool and pouring it over ice - see our video.
Can I use the Knoopifier as a milk frother?
Yes, it has four settings. It warms milk (for coffee etc) and froths milk, for cappuccinos or cold, frothed drinks, in addition to making perfectly frothed hot chocolate.
The first setting creates hot milk foam, the second creates cold milk foam, the third is for hot milk and the fourth is to make hot chocolate.
Have a problem with your Knoopifier?
We want you to be 100% happy with your Knoopifier and offer a no quibble return and replacement.
Just email us, firstname.lastname@example.org, as there may be something we can help you with or refer to the trouble shooting section below.
If necessary, we will then send you a replacement Knoopifier and arrange for you to return your Knoopifier to us.
How long does it take to make a cup?
Around 2 minutes – the Knoopifier will stop automatically at the end of the cycle.
Instructions for use
Always make sure the Knoopifier is correctly assembled – push the milk disc into the disc bracket with the notch facing upwards. Then screw the handle all the way into the disc bracket from above. The milk disc is now affixed flexibly to the bracket. Next push the chocolate basket onto the handle from above and push downwards until it clicks into place. The milk disk should be spinning freely. Then, put the choc system into the jug and make sure you feel the magnetic pull. The Knoopifier is now ready to make your hot chocolate.
Make sure it is assembled as so:
The Knoopifier is flashing red and not making my perfect Knoops at home, why?
It’s really important to follow these steps in this order every time you make a Knoops at home. It may be useful to watch our short video "Introducing the Knoopifier" on our Youtube channel.
- Assemble the choc system as per the instructions, with the disc freely spinning and the chocolate basket clicked into place
- Feel the magnetic pull of the choc system in the jug
- Add your choice of milk (we recommend 175ml for one cup)
- Then add your Knoopifier chocolate buttons (we recommend 34 grams)
- Press the middle button 4 times to the hot chocolate symbol
- In under 2 minutes, the machine will automatically turn off and your hot chocolate will be ready
- Always remove the lid before pouring into a cup and don’t forget to add one of our marshmallows for the real Knoops at home experience
Please note, if you add your chocolate first, you may experience a problem starting your Knoopifier. The machine may start but the motor may fail as the chocolate buttons can get caught in the milk basket if the milk is not in there. We advise that the milk should be added first to prevent this.
The milk disk is not spinning
The milk disk should spin freely in the handle – do not tighten the handle too much when you replace it after cleaning.
Always make sure the milk disc is fitted the right way up, as so, like a flying saucer.
Make sure there are no buttons inside the choc basket, as this can stop the machine from working. If a button has got in, remove the basket, take out the buttons and rinse. Then replace the basket and let the machine cool and start again.
We recommend always putting the milk into the Knoopifier first, before adding chocolate, to prevent this from happening.
The magnet is not working when I put the choc system into the jug?
Sometimes, the magnets on the base unit of the machine do not feel the connection with the milk system.
Always check the magnet is clean and you haven’t accidentally spilt milk on the magnets – if so, clean the area with a damp and dry cloth before using.
Then clip the chocolate basket onto the milk system, place the choc system into the machine and feel the magnetic pull.
The choc system isn't spinning
Make sure the basket is clipped into place and the handle is in the groove in the lid of the machine.
There is some chocolate left in the Knoopifier once I’ve made my drinks?
This may be because you have added a bit too much chocolate when preparing your drink. We always recommend 175ml and 34 grams of Knoopifier buttons to get the perfect Knoops taste at home. But a little chocolate residue on your choc attachment is not a cause for concern.
Keeping the microswitch clean
It is also worth checking the microswitch inside the base unit. This round silver switch is easily visible inside the top of the unit, when you remove the jug. You can gently push this switch down with your finger to check it is moving freely. It may be that some milk or chocolate has got around it, affecting its ability to move properly. If you could clean it carefully with a damp cloth, then try again, this may help with any issues.
What can I add to my hot chocolate to create a perfect Knoops at home?
Knoopology is the craft of making the perfect drinking chocolate and your Knoopifier is perfect for you to try Knoopology at home.
Experiment with adding a little extra flavour – a fruit, root, herb or spice. There are hundreds of different flavour combinations to try – look at some of our recipes on our Youtube channel or our Instagram.
To experiment with flavour: Take the “choc system” out of the jug at the end of the cycle, and add your chosen flavour. Give it a good stir and, if you are adding fresh herbs, allow them to steep for about a minute with the lid on in the base unit, to make sure your chocolate stays warm. Strain (if necessary) and serve immediately.
What milk and chocolate can I use with the Knoopifier?
Any dairy or plant based milk will work perfectly.
In terms of chocolate, the Knoopifier works best with our Knoopifier buttons (available to buy here). We have a range of six Knoopifier buttons, including a sweet white 28%, a classic 34% milk chocolate, a 47% ruby chocolate (naturally pink!) and three dark chocolates, 54%, 70% and a 96%, all of which are vegan.
Don’t forget to look at our recipes for more ideas and ways to try Knoopology at home.
Where do I get the Knoopifier buttons from?